Title: Office Administrator
Organisation: Herefordshire and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust
Job Status: Short Term Contract, renewed on satisfactory performance
Start Date: Immediate
The Trust is a Charity that aims to record, protect and promote geology and landscape; and to raise awareness of our Earth Heritage by engaging the public at every opportunity.
We work with local planning authorities and other conservation agencies to seek protection for significant local geological sites through the planning system. We also deliver community education and public events. We have produced a wide range of publications enabling visitors to explore and learn about local sites of interest independently.
Most of our community work is currently being delivered through two projects. One is researching the building stone heritage of the two counties, using a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The other is working with local schools to produce Apps for smart phones that they and others can use to examine local geological sites. We have successfully carried out many projects in the past, funded from a variety of sources.
In addition we devised the first long distance walking trail in the UK focused on geology – The Geopark Way, and sales of the guidebook and bespoke map are ongoing.
We require an Office Administrator to support this work and contribute to the smooth running of the organization, based at our office at the University of Worcester.
- Receiving and welcoming visitors and dealing with telephone and email enquiries including taking bookings for events.
- Dealing with correspondence, filing, stock control and stationary supplies.
- Maintaining the membership and distribution databases. Collating articles for and sending out newsletters and other information as required.
- Arranging meetings, booking rooms as required and keeping the EHT calendar up to date.
- Attending and taking minutes for all Board and Operations meetings. Reporting to and advising the board, where appropriate, on all issues relating to the Trust Office and its function and supporting the Chairman and Vice Presidents of the Trust as required.
- Managing the organization of the Trust’s Annual General Meeting. Attending the meeting and taking minutes.
- Printing and filing consultant contracts under instruction from Trustees or Project Managers as appropriate.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are up to date as required by the board and to ensure health and safety procedures are observed.
- Liaising with external organisations and individuals when necessary to ensure that the Trust operates professionally at all times and promoting the work, trail guides and merchandise of the Trust at every opportunity.
- Managing bookings for activities and equipment hire and dealing with the issue and return of materials.
- Undertaking administrative work on current projects as required and providing follow up information on projects that have been completed and where the project manager is no longer in post.
- Updating the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust website.
The above is a guide to the range of duties and responsibilities associated with this post. They are not exhaustive and the post holder should be prepared to be both flexible and adaptable in their approach to this appointment.
- Educated to at least ‘A’ Level standard.
- Good general language and computing skills. A knowledge of WordPress would be an advantage.
- Maturity, common sense and able to deal with confidential matters when required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to collate, assess and present information.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Confidence to work with the general public and official organisations.
- Ability to work to deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Available to work from April 2017.
1.5 days per week (may be worked over two or three days), 48 weeks a year. Self employed contract at a FTE in the range £17,000 to £21,000.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 19th March 2017.
Interviews scheduled: Wednesday 29th March 2017.
How to apply: Please email a CV and covering letter to: mailto:email@example.com